Pelican Lake Sailing School
Established in 1972 and rejuvenated in 2000 with modern equipment and trained instructors focusing on today's youth.
We are a Minnesota 501(c) Non-profit Community Sailing Program
Sailing School Donations can be sent to: PLSS % Jeff Peltier, 21853 Broadwater Drive, Pelican Rapids, MN 56572
or donate on line with the link below.
or donate on line with the link below.If you would like to dedicate it to the Brad Burgum Endowment fund, please let us know. Thanks, Jeff Peltier
This winter, we have been lining up personnel and preparing equipment for the 2017 season and it will be here in no time! Sign up early to reserve a spot by contacting Jeff Peltier. Credit card payments are now available, but confirm openings before purchasing. See description and schedule below. Thanks!
- Send your child or student to Half Day Sessions to learn how to sail or improve their skills. This program is for kids ages 9 through high school. This year we will use Open Bics for preliminary training for younger students. They are a new (more fun) training boat that covers a wider range of people. The Open Bic is 9' long and weighs about 105 pounds and has an ideal crew weight up to 120#, so it will work well for children ages 9 to 13. For secondary training, or larger students, we will use Club 420’s. The Club 420 is 13’ 9” long, 5’ 5” wide and weighs about 250 pounds. It is a 2 person boat that has become very popular in High School and College sailing programs and was recently sanctioned by the ILYA (Inland Yachting Association)
We will group students into the appropriate group when the sessions start. Each session is 2 1/2 hours for 8 days over a 2 week span.
The Schedule for the 2017 season: (conditional of participation and weather).
- Cost of all sessions is $150/ Person:
- 1. June 26-29 (Mon-Thu), July 3,5,6,7 (Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri) 9:00am to 11:30am
- 2. July 3,5,6,7 (Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri), July 10-13 (Mon-Thu) 1:00pm to 3:30pm
- 3. July 10-13 (Mon-Thu), July 17-20(Mon-Thu) 9:00am to 11:30am
Classes will be held at the Pelican Lake Yacht Club on the NW corner of Pelican Lake.
Class size is limited, so be sure to plan early to enroll in the session of your choice. Be sure to bring your own Personal Flotation Device!!
Our Instruction team includes Kent Deardorff, Evan Furr, and Mason Lantz All have completed US Sailing's level 1 small boat instructor training. Graduates are encouraged to use the boats under Adult supervision when they aren’t being used for classes.
Private lessons are available for Adults by appointment at $40/hr plus the use of a boat if needed.
To sign up, contact Jeff Peltier at email@example.com